Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your Chug account is an email address, password, date of birth and name.
- Billing information. We collect billing address and credit card information if you purchase a subscription on Chug. Credit card information is securely passed to our payment processing partner and is not stored at Chug.
- Log data. When you use Chug, our servers automatically record information, including information that your mobile device sends whenever you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain personally identifiable data and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Chug on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Chug usage information. This is information about which venue, features, redemptions you interact with within Chug
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Chug may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Chug service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver content and services to you.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a specific user.
- Improving redemption services and selections. We work with our partners and drink providers to improve our drink selections to better fit your taste, using information from your usage and aggregate usage from all users and deliver more customized services to you..
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Chug secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
We may disclose aggregate information about how our users use CHUG in a manner doesn’t identify you individually.
- Communicating with you, solving your problems and responding to your requests.If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
We may send you service and administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, or our service offerings. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Chug users about new product features or other news about Chug. You can opt-out of these at any time.